- A drug that causes an addiction.
- Anything that is very habit-forming.
- Causing or tending to cause addiction; habit-forming.
Translations: Etymology: First attested w:1914, 1914. Addiction in modern sense is first attested w:1906, 1906, in reference to opium. There is an isolated instance from w:1779, 1779, with reference to tobacco.
- "addictive drugs", "an addictive behavior"
- Characterized by or susceptible to addiction.
- "an addictive personality"
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for addictive for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.