- The state of being addicted; devotion; inclination.
- A habit or practice that damages, jeopardizes or shortens one's life but when ceased causes trauma.
- A pathological relationship to mood altering experience that has life damaging consequences.
- His was to courses vain. Shakespeare.
Etymology: Cf. addictio an adjudge, adjudging
- French: dépendance (2)
- German: Abhí¤ndigkeit (2), Sucht
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for addiction for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.