- The act of achieving or performing; an obtaining by exertion; successful performance; accomplishment; as, the of his/her object.
- A great or heroic deed; something accomplished by valor, boldness, or praiseworthy exertion; a feat.
- The exploits of the ancient saints ... do far surpass the most famous achievements of pagan heroes. - Barrow
- The highest achievements of the human intellect. - Macaulay
- (context, heraldry) An escutcheon or ensign armorial; now generally applied to the funeral shield commonly called hatchment. - Cussans
Etymology: Compare French achèvement, English hatchment
- Dutch: prestatie f
- French: accomplissement m
- German: Vollendung f
- Italian: realizzazione f
- Spanish: realización f, logro m
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for achievement for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.