proper noun (Aces, -)
- A male given name.
- A common nickname suggesting skill, particularly among airplane pilots.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Ace for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A unit; a single point or spot on a card or die; the card or die face so marked.
- the of diamonds
- A very small quantity or degree; a particle; an atom; a jot.
- I'll not wag an further. - Dryden
- (tennis) A serve made without the opponent hitting the ball.
- An expert at anything.
- (baseball) The best pitcher on the team
- (golf) A hole in one.
verb (ac, ing)
- Dutch: aas
- French: as
- German: Ass
- Italian: asso
- Spanish: as
adjective (acer, acest, more)
- To pass (a test, interviews etc) perfectly.
Etymology: as, as, from as, assis, unity, copper coin, the unit of coinage. Compare as
- (colloquial) Extremely good, excellent.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ace for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.