verb (accret, ing)
- (intransitive): To grow together, combine.
Translations: (trans-top, to grow together)
- Astronomers believe the Earth began to six billion years ago.
- (intransitive): To adhere; to grow (to); to be added.
- (transitive): To make adhere; to add.
- Characterized by accretion; made up; as, matter.
- (botany) Grown together - Gray
Etymology: From (term, accretus, accrÄtus), perfect participle of (term, accrescoLatin, accrÄscÅ, increase)
- Italian: accreto
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for accrete for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.