adjective ((compar): more accountable, (superl): most accountable)
- Having accountability (individuals have accountability).
- Requiring accountability (property or funds require accountability).
- Liable to be called on to render an account; answerable; as, every man is to God for his conduct.
- (Rare): Capable of being accounted for; explicable.
- True religion . . . intelligible, rational, and , -- not a burden but a privilege. - w:Benjamin Whichcote, Benjamin Whichcote
- (Documents): Items such as airline tickets, whose issue must be recorded by the issuing authority and matched up again after use.
- Dutch: verklaarbaar
- German: verantwortlich(de)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for accountable for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.