- (context, transitive, with reflexive pronoun) To go away from a place; to leave.
- (rfdate) Addison " If after due summons any member absents himself, he is to be fined.
- (context, transitive, obsolete) To withhold from being present
- (rfdate) Milton " Go; for thy stay, not free, absents thee more.
- Being away from a place; withdrawn from a place; not present.
- (rfdate) (Shak.), All"s Well That Ends Well, II-iii " Expecting friends.
- Not existing; lacking.
- The part was rudimental or .
- inattentive, Inattentive to what is passing; absent-minded; preoccupied.
- (rfdate) Chesterfield " What is commonly called an man is commonly either a very weak or a very affected man.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for absent for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.