- At large; widely; broadly; over a wide space; as, a tree spreads its branches
Etymology: Prefix a- + broad
- The fox roams far - Prior
- Without a certain confine; outside the house; away from one's abode; as, to walk
- I went to St. James', where another was preaching in the court - Evelyn
- Beyond the bounds of a country; in foreign countries; as, we have broils at home and enemies
- Another prince ... was living - Macaulay
- Before the public at large; throughout society or the world; here and there; widely.
- He went out, and began to publish it much, and to blaze the matter. - Mark 1-45
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for abroad for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.