- A complete give up, giving up to natural impulses; freedom from artificial constraint; careless freedom or ease.
- Dutch: ongedwongenheid
- German: Hingabe , Ungezwungenheit , Selbstvergessenheit
- Italian: abbandono
- (transitive) To give up control of, to surrender.
- Hope was overthrown, yet could not be abandoned. " I. Taylor
- (transitive) To leave behind, to desert.
- Many baby girls have been abandoned on the streets of Beijing everyday.
- (context, transitive, obsolete) To cast out, cast or drive out; to banish; to expel; to reject.
- 1594: Being all this time abandoned from your bed. " Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, I-ii
- (transitive) To relinquish a claim to property to underwriters.
- Dutch: verzaken, verlaten, begeven
- French: abandonner
- German: aufgeben, zurí¼cklassen
- Italian: bandire
- Spanish: renunciar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for abandon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.