- A mnemonic for goal-setting: specific, Specific, measurable, Measurable, ambitious, Ambitious (yet Achievable), resource, Resource bound, time, Time bound.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for SMART for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- (intransitive) To hurt or sting.
- After being hit with a pitch, the batter exclaimed "Gosh, my arm smarts!"
- exhibiting social ability or cleverness
- exhibiting intellectual knowledge, such as that found in books
- good-looking, as a outfit
- cleverly humorous, in a way that is rude and disrespectful however; wise guy: he became tired of his daughter's sarcasm and smart remarks.
Etymology: Old English smeortan
- Spanish: listo
- Spanish, listo
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for smart for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.