- active, functioning, operate, operating
- (cricket) in, or towards the half of the field on the same side as the batsman's legs; the left side for a right-handed batsman; leg
- Dutch: aan, ingeschakeld
- French: allumé
- German: an
- Spanish: encendido, conectado
- to an operate, operating state
Translations: Etymology: Old English on, originally an. From Germanic
- turn the television
- along, forwards (continuing an action)
- drive , rock
- ana.Related forms: ld German ana (new German an), ld Dutch an, ane (aan), ld Frisian ana, Gothic ana, ld Norse/Icelandic/Faeroese í, Danish/Swedish/Norwegian pí. Possibly related to Greek á (upward).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for on for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.