- Form of address for an unmarried woman.
- Form of address for a teacher
- Excuse me Miss, Donny's been pinching my pencils again.
- Dutch: Juffrouw
- French: Mademoiselle
- German: Frí¤ulein
- Italian: Signorina
- Spanish: Seí±orita
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Miss for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A failure to hit.
- A failure to obtain or accomplish.
- An act of avoidance.
- I think I"ll give the meeting a .
verb (miss, es)
- Dutch: (t, nl, mislukking, f)
- (transitive) To fail to hit.
- I missed the target.
- (transitive) To feel the absence of someone or something, sometimes with regret.
- I you!
- (transitive) To fail to understand or have a shortcoming of perception.
- the joke
- (transitive) To fail to attend.
- Joe missed the meeting this morning.
- (transitive) To fail to board (a means of transportation).
- I missed the plane!
- Dutch: missen(nl)
- German: verpassen
- Spanish: echar de menos, extraí±ar (italbrac, Latin America)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for miss for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.