- One who maintains that the vowel points of the word Jehovah, in Hebrew, are the proper vowels of that word; -- opposed to adonist.
- The writer of the passages of the Old Testament, especially those of the Pentateuch, in which the Supreme Being is styled Jehovah. See Elohist.
- The characteristic manner of the differs from that of his predecessor the Elohist. He is fuller and freer in his descriptions; more reflective in his assignment of motives and causes; more artificial in mode of narration - S. Davidson
- (By extension): Anyone who uses the word "Jehovah" as the name of his God in worship
- (Pejorative): A member of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Jehovist for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.