- (uncountable) the main language spoken in Japan.
- I"ve been studying for three years, and I still can"t order pizza in Kyoto!
- (countable) a person living in or coming from Japan.
- A will typically have black hair, brown eyes, and pale skin.
- Note: this can also refer to someone of Japanese ancestry. Less frequently, someone of Japanese ancestry living in another country will be referred to by a similar pairing"e.g., Japanese-Taiwanese or Japanese-British.
- Note: many people object to the usage of this sense in singular form, and it is now more frequent to see a person in or from Japan referred to by using the adjective Japanese. Rather than "a Japanese," you will frequently see "a Japanese person."''
- Dutch: Japanner, Japanees; Japanese
- French: Japonais , Japonaise , Japonaises
- German: Japaner , Japanerin , Japanere , Japanerinnen
- Italian: giapponese , giapponesi
- Spanish: japonés , japonesa , japoneses , japonesas
- of or relating to Japan.
- A saw is one that cuts on the pull stroke rather than on the push stroke.
- In the United States, animation has had a tremendous surge in popularity over the last few years.
- Dutch: Japans, Japanse
- French: japonais ; japonaise
- German: japanisch
- Italian: giapponese
- Spanish: japonés , japonesa
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Japanese for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.