- (uncountable) Water in frozen (solid) form.
- (uncountable) (physics, astronomy): Any frozen volatile chemical, such as ammonia or carbon dioxide.
- (countable) Frozen dessert.
- (uncountable) Any substance having the appearance of ice.
- (uncountable) (slang) One or more diamonds.
- (uncountable) (slang) Crystal form of methamphetamines.
- (uncountable) (ice hockey) the pitch
verb (ic, ing)
- Dutch: ijs , ijsje
- French: crème-glacée
- German: Eis
- Italian: diamante
- Spanish: helado
- Cool with ice, as a beverage.
- To become ice, to freeze.
- (slang): murder, Murder.
- Cover with icing (frosting made of sugar and milk or white of egg); to frost; as cakes, tarts, etc.
- (ice hockey) To put out a team for a match
- Milton Keynes have yet to ice a team this season
Etymology: Old English isOld English, Äs, from Germanic . Cognate with Dutch ijs, German Eis, Icelandic ís, Swedish isSwedish, is, Danish is.
- Italian: glassare
- Dutch: glaceren
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ice for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.