Etymology: geoguí, Äeoguí, from West Germanic
- (uncountable) The quality or state of being young.
- (uncountable) The part of life following childhood; the period of existence preceding maturity or age; the whole early part of life, from childhood, or, sometimes, from infancy, to manhood.
- (countable) A young person; especially, a young man.
- (uncountable) (used in plural form) Young persons, collectively.
- juwuní-, from a Germanic base corresponding to young + -th. Cognate with Dutch jeugd, German Jugend.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for youth for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of youth