- A slick and light ship for making pleasure trips or racing on water, having sails but often motor powered. At times used as a residence offshore on a dock.
- "Would you like to go sailing on my uncle"s ?"
- "You are a true yachtsman! Are you a member of the local club?"
- Any vessel used for private, noncommercial purposes.
Etymology: From the Modern jacht, from the jagt, short for jaghtschip, (ship for chasing), from the verb jagen, related to German jagen and Danish jage ('to hunt').
- (intransitive) To sail, voyage, or race in a yacht.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for yacht for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of yacht