- liquid, Liquid or moisture.
- rainy, Rainy weather.
verb (wets, wetting, or wetted)
- Don't go out in the .
- (context, UK, pejorative) A moderate Conservative.
- (transitive) To cover or impregnate with liquid.
- (transitive) To urinate accidentally in or on.
adjective (wett, er)
- Johnny wets the bed several times a week.
- (intransitive) To become wet
- Of an object, etc, covered with or impregnated with liquid.
Etymology: Old English wít, wt
- I went out in the rain and now my clothes are all .
- Of weather or a day, rainy.
- It"s going to be tomorrow.
- Made up of liquid or moisture.
- Water is .
- (informal) Of a person, ineffectual.
- Don't be so .
- (slang) Of a woman, sexually aroused.
- He got me all .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for wet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of wet