- Lack (of), absence of.
- And well are worth the want that you have wanted.--Shakespeare, King Lear
- (transitive) to wish for or desire (something).
Etymology: , from vanta
- What do you to eat?
- (transitive) To lack (something).
- There was something wanting in the play.
- (context, transitive, informal) To require (something).
- That chair wants fixing. (= That chair requires to be fixed.)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for want for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of want