- A trip made by walking.
Etymology: Old English wealcan
- I take a walk every morning
- A distance walked.
- It"s a long walk from my house to the library
- A manner of walking.
- The Ministry of Silly Walks is underfunded this year
- A path, sidewalk/pavement or other maintained place on which to walk. Compare trail.
- (baseball) An instance of walking a batter.
- The pitcher now has two walks in this inning alone
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for walk for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of walk