- (nautical) A general term for all kinds of craft designed for transportation on water, such as ships or boats.
- 1719: w:Daniel Defoe, Daniel Defoe, w:Robinson Crusoe, Robinson Crusoe
- : ''But my hope was, that if I stood along this coast till I came to that part where the English traded, I should find some of their vessels upon their usual design of trade, that would relieve and take us in.
- A container.
- A person as a container of qualities or feelings.
- Dolly Parton, The Seeker lyrics:
- :I am a that"s empty and useless <BR />I am a bad seed that fell by the way<BR />I am a loser that wants to be a winner<BR />And you are my last hope<BR />Don"t turn me away.
- (biology) A tube or canal that carries fluid in an animal or plant.
- blood or lymph vessels in humans, xylem or phloem vessels in plants
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for vessel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of vessel