- A place, especially the one where a given event is to happen.
- A neighborhood or near place; the place or county in which anything is alleged to have happened; also, the place where an action is laid.
Etymology: From venue feminine past participle of verb venir.
- The twelve men who are to try the cause must be of the same where the demand is made. --w:Blackstone.
- :Note: In certain cases, the court has power to change the venue, which is to direct the trial to be had in a different county from that where the venue is laid.
- (obsolete) A bout; a hit; a turn. See venew.
- (sports) Sport venue: a stadium or similar building in which a sporting competition is held.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for venue for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of venue