- something that is
- Adjective, variable
- something whose value may be dictated or discovered
- There are several variables to consider here.
- (mathematics) a quantity that may assume any one of a set of values
- (mathematics) a symbol representing a variable
- (complang) a named memory location in which a program can store intermediate results and from which it can read it them
- (astronomy) a variable star
Etymology: From French, variable (adjective).
- able to vary
- likely to vary
- marked by diversity or difference
- (math) having no fixed quantitative value
- (biology) tending to deviate from a normal or recognized type
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for variable for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of variable