adjective (vagu, er)
- not clearly expressed; stated in indefinite terms.
Etymology: Middle French < Latin vagus ('wandering').
- 2004: w: Chris Wallace (journalist), Chris Wallace, Character: Profiles in Presidential Courage
- :Throughout the first week of his presidency, Dulles and Bissell continued to brief Kennedy on their strategy for Cuba, but the men were and their meetings offered little in the way of hard facts.
- not having a precise meaning.
- a vague term of abuse
- not clearly defined, grasped, or understood; indistinct; slight.
- only a vague notion of what"s needed
- a vague hint of a thickening waistline
- I haven"t the vaguest idea.
- not clearly felt or sensed; somewhat subconscious.
- a vague longing
- not thinking or expressing one"s thoughts clearly or precisely.
- lacking expression; vacant.
- not sharply outlined; hazy.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for vague for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of vague