Etymology: From trivialis (crossroads, where three roads meet); from tri- (three) + via (way or road) + adjective suffix -alis. See trivium
- Of little significance or value.
- common, Common, ordinary.
- Concerned with or involving trivia.
- (biology) Relating to or designating the name of a species; specific as opposed to generic.
- (mathematics) Of, relating to, or being the simplest possible case.
- (mathematics) self-evident, Self-evident.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for trivial for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of trivial