verb (trips, tripping, tripped)
- a journey
- a stumble
- period of experiencing drug-induced hallucinations
- a faux pas, a social error, see tripping
Etymology: From tripper (noun is from the verb).
- to fall over or stumble over something with your feet.
- to activate or set in motion. (This usage is usually associated with the activation of a trap or explosive device. See tripwire.)
- to use drugs that induce hallucinations, particularly LSD
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for trip for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of trip