- (uncountable) decoration; especially, decoration placed along edges or borders
- Paint the house white with blue .
- (countable) a haircut, especially a moderate one to touch up an existing style
- I went to the hairdresser for a and came back nearly bald.
- (slang): (mildly vulgar) getting laid; engaging in sexual intercourse
- (uncountable} the manner in which something is equipped or adorned; especially, of a car
- The car comes in three different trims.
- (nautical) The fore-and-aft angle of the vessel to the water, with reference to the cargo and ballast; the manner in which a vessel floats on the water, whether on an even keel or down by the head or stern
- (nautical) The arrangement of the sails with reference to the wind.
- slender, thin, or physically fit
- He had a , athletic figure.
- (nautical) In good order, properly managed or maintained.
- (nautical) With sails well trimmed.
Etymology: Old English trymman
- The vessel sailed trimly out of harbour.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for trim for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of trim