- an opportunity to test something out; a test.
verb to trial
- They will perform the trials for the new equipment next week.
- appearance at judicial court.
- a difficult experience.
- an annoying person
- That boy was a to his parents
- To carry out a series of tests on (a new product, procedure etc.) before marketing or implementing it.
- The warning system was extensively trialled before being fitted to all our vehicles.
- To try out a new player in a sports team.
- The team trialled a new young goalkeeper in Saturday's match, with mixed results.
- Pertaining to a trial or test.
- Attempted on a provisional or experimental basis.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for trial for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of trial