- Something which is transient.
- (physics) A transient phenomenon, especially an electric current; a very brief surge.
- (italbrac, audio) A relatively loud, non-repeating signal in an audio waveform which occurs very quickly, such as the attack of a snare drum.
- A person who passes through a place for a short time; a traveller; a migrant worker
- An unhoused person
- Passing or disappearing with time; transitory.
- Remaining for only a brief time.
- (physics) decay, Decaying with time, especially exponentially.
- Occasional; isolated; one-off; individual.
- Passing through; passing from one person to another.
- (philosophy) Operating beyond itself; having an external effect (antonym: immanent).
- From transiens, present participle of transire.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for transient for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of transient