verb (transgress, es)
- (transitive) To exceed or overstep some limit or boundary.
- (transitive) To act in violation of some law.
- (context, intransitive, construed with against) To commit an offense; to sin.
- (context, intransitive, of the sea) To spread over land along a shoreline; to inundate.
- From transgressum, past participle of transgredi.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for transgress for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of transgress