- Certain, clearly defined acts perpetrated against helpless prisoners, to force them to suffer excruciating pain and discomfort.
- cruel, Cruel and outrageous acts that terrorize helpless prisoners to force or coerce them to react in a way that satisfies the torturer.
- Allowing large dogs to attack bound, hand-cuffed prisoners is clearly .
- Any act committed by an official of a government against a prisoner of war which could cause undue pain, as clearly defined by many international agreements.
- In every war there are acts of that cause the world to shudder.
- (context, mainly, literary) The "suffering of the heart" imposed by one on another, as in personal relationships.
- Every time she says 'goodbye' it is !
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for torture for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of torture