- A mechanical device intended to make a task easier.
- Hand me that , would you?
- Equipment used in a profession, e.g., tools of the trade.
- These are the tools of the trade.
- (slang) A complete idiot.
- He was a , no more than a pawn to her.
- (slang) Penis.
- (slang) A person who uncritically supports and assists established authority. See sellout.
- (slang) By association, any contemptible, inadequate, or unpleasant person.
- (slang) A person who is used in relationships for reasons other than love.
- (transitive) To work on or shape with tools, e.g., hand-tooled leather.
- (transitive) To equip with tools.
- (transitive) To work very hard.
- (transitive) (context, volleyball) To intentionally attack the ball such that it deflects off a blocker out of bounds.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tool for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of tool