- a pass entitling the holder to admission to a show, concert, etc.
- a pass entitling the holder to board a train, a plane, or other means of transportation
- a citation for a traffic violation.
- a permit to operate a machine on a building site.
- (informal) a list of candidates for an election, or a particular theme to a candidate's manifesto.
- Joe Bloggs has joined the party's for the county elections.
- Joe will be running on an anti-crime ticket.
Etymology: From French étiquette
- To issue someone a ticket, as for travel or for a violation of a local or traffic law.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ticket for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ticket