- The flight of a thrown object; as, a fast throw.
- A distance travelled; displacement; as, the throw of the piston.
- A piece of fabric used to cover a bed, sofa or other soft furnishing.
- A single instance, occurrence, venture, or chance.
verb (throws, throwing, threw, thrown)
- Football tickets are expensive at fifty bucks a .
- (transitive) To cause an object to move rapidly through the air.
- (transitive) To eject or cause to fall off.
- a shoe
- a rod
- the horse threw its rider
- (transitive) To move to another position; to displace.
- the switch
- (context, ceramics) To make (a pot) by shaping clay as it turns on a wheel.
- (context, transitive, cricket) Of a bowler, to deliver (the ball) illegally by straightening the bowling arm during delivery.
- (context, transitive, computing) To send (an error) to an exception-handling mechanism in order to interrupt normal processing.
- If the file is readonly, the method throws an invalid operation exception.
- (sports) to intentionally lose a game
- ''The tennis player was accused of taking bribes to the match.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for throw for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of throw