- For that or this reason, referring to something previously stated; for that.
Etymology: Old English pronominal adverb therfore; see there, fore, and for
- I have married a wife, and I can not come. " Luke, 14:20
- Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have ? " Matthew, 19:27
- Consequently; by consequence.
- He blushes; he is guilty. " Spectator
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for therefore for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of therefore