- dreadful; causing alarm and fear.
- The witch gave him a curse.
- most formidable.
- 1883: w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- : ...and there was even a party of the younger men who pretended to admire him, calling him a "true sea-dog," and "real old salt," and such-like names, and saying there was the sort of man that made England at sea.
- intense; extreme in degree or extent.
- He paid a price for his life of drinking.
- unpleasant, disagreeable.
- The food was but it was free.
- very bad.
- Whatever he thinks, he is a driver.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for terrible for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of terrible