verb (tattoos, tattooing, tattooed, tattoed)
- An image made in the skin with ink and a needle
- A method of decorating the skin by inserting colored substances under the surface. The skin is punctured with a sharp instrument, which now is usually a solenoid-driven needle, that carries the inks to lower layers of the skin.
- To apply a tattoo to (someone or something)
- (baseball) To hit the ball hard, as if to figuratively leave a tattoo on the ball of the reverse image of the label of the bat
Etymology: From :w:Polynesian languages, Polynesian languages tatau (:w:Samoan, Samoan and :w:Tahitian, Tahitian) "to tap".
- Jones tattoos one into the gap in left; that will clear the bases.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tattoo for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of tattoo