- The manner in which something is swung.
verb (swings, swinging, swung)
- He worked tirelessly to improve his golf .
- Door indicates direction the door opens.
- A hanging seat in a children's playground, for acrobats in a circus, or on a porch for relaxing.
- A dance style.
- (music) The genre of music associated with this dance style.
- The amount of change towards or away from something.
- Particularly, the increase or decrease in the number of votes in an election for opposition parties compared with votes for the incumbent party.
- The polls showed a wide to Labour.
- (cricket) sideways movement of the ball as it flies through the air.
- The diameter that a lathe can cut.
- In a musical theater production, a performer who understudies several roles. See w:understudy, understudy.
Etymology: (verb) swingan.
- (defn, English)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for swing for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of swing