verb (stun, n, ed)
- (transitive) To incapacitate.
- Bill tried to the snake by striking it on the head.
- In many European countries cattle has to be stunned before slaughtering.
- He stood there stunned, looking at the beautiful, breath-taking sunrise.
- (transitive) To shock or surprise.
- The celebrity was stunned to find herself confronted with unfounded allegiations on the front page of a newspaper.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stun for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of stun