- the remains of something that has been cut off; especially the remains of a tree, the remains of a limb
- (politics) the place where a campaign takes place
- (politics) an occasion at which the campaign takes place
- (cricket) one of three small wooden posts which together with the bails make the wicket and that the fielding team attempt to hit with the ball
- (context, drawing) an artists" drawing tool made of rolled paper used to smudge or blend marks made with charcoal, Conté crayon, pencil or other drawing media
- wooden or concrete poles used to support a house.
- (intransitive) to baffle; to be unable to find an answer to a question or problem.
- ''This last question has me stumped.
- (intransitive) to campaign
- He"s been stumping for that reform for months.
- (context, transitive, cricket, of a wicket keeper) to get a batsman out stumped
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stump for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of stump