- A person who study, studies a particular academic subject.
Etymology: From Latin studens, present participle of studere, to study
- A of philosophy.
- (figuratively) A person seriously devoted to some subject, whether academic or not.
- He is a of life.
- A person enrolled at a university.
- The students were out raising funds for rag week.
- (context, especially, US) A schoolchild.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for student for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of student