adjective (straighter, straightest)
- A part of a racecourse, running track or other road etc that is not curved.
- In poker, five cards in sequence.
- Not crooked or bent; having a constant direction throughout its length.
adverb ((compar): straighter, (superl): straightest)
- a line.
- Strictly along political lines.
- He always votes a ticket.
- Direct, truthful, frank.
- a answer.
- As it should be.
- Everything is now.
- Having all cylinders in a single row. (referring to an internal combustion engine)
- a six.
- slang: conventional.
- slang: heterosexual.
- slang: boring, unappealing, bad or of low quality.
- (cricket) On, or near a line running between the two wickets.
- In a forward direction.
Etymology: streght (Anglo Saxon streht), the past participle of Middle English strechen (Anglo-Saxon streccan), to stretch.
- Continuously; without interruption or pause.
- He claims he can hold his breath for three minutes .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for straight for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of straight