- A place where items may be accumulated or routinely kept.
verb (stor, ing)
- This building used to be a for old tires.
- A supply held in storage.
- We have a large of beer, in case we're snowed in.
- (context, mainly North American) A place where items may be purchased.
- I need to get some milk from the grocery .
- (context, computing, archaic) Memory.
- The main of 1000 36-bit words seemed large at the time.
- (transitive) To keep (something) while not in use, generally in a place meant for that purpose.
Etymology: < < from instaurare
- I'll these books in the attic.
- (context, transitive, computing) Write (something) into memory or registers.
- This operation stores the result on the stack.
- (intransitive) To remain in good condition while stored.
- I don't think that kind of cheese will well in the refrigerator.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for store for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of store