verb (stereotyp, ing)
- A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.
- A person who is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.
- (printing) A metal printing plate cast from a matrix moulded from a raised printing surface.
- (transitive): To make a stereotype of someone or something, or characterize someone by a stereotype.
- (transitive): To print from a stereotype.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stereotype for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of stereotype