- A level of quality or attainment.
- Something used as a measure for comparative evaluations.
- An object supported in an upright position.
- A musical work of established popularity.
- The flag or ensign carried by a cavalry unit.
- A rule or set of rules or requirements which are widely agreed upon or imposed by government.
- A bottle of wine containing 0.750 liters of fluid.
- One of the upright members that supports the horizontal axis of a transit or theodolite.
Etymology: for an upright timber, from the estendart (French: étendard), from Old Frankish
- Falling within an accepted range. ex, size, amount, power, quality, etc.
- (context, of a tree or shrub) Growing on an erect stem of full height.
- Having recognized excellence or authority.
- Of a usable or serviceable grade or quality.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for standard for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of standard