- An act of stabbing or thrust, thrusting with an object.
- A wound made by stabbing.
- Pain inflicted on a person's feelings.
- (informal) An attempt.
verb (stab, b, ed)
- I'll give this thankless task a .
- (transitive) To pierce or to wound with a pointed tool or weapon, especially a knife or dagger.
- (transitive) To aim a blow with a weapon or a finger (at someone or something).
- (intransitive) To aim a blow with a weapon or a finger.
- (intransitive) To cause a sharp, painful sensation.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stab for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of stab