- self, Self generated; happening without any apparent external cause.
- He made a offer of help.
- Done by one's own free choice, or without planning.
- proceeding from natural feeling or native tendency without external constraint
- arising from a momentary impulse
- controlled and directed internally : self-active : spontaneous movement characteristic of living things
- produced without being planted or without human manual labor, labor : Endemic, indigenous
Etymology: spontaneus, from sponte of one's free will, voluntarily.
- not apparently contrived or manipulated : natural
- Sudden, without warning.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spontaneous for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of spontaneous