- (Holy) : in Christian theology, the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity, the three aspects of God
- The name given to a Mars exploration rover launched June 10, 2003. See w:MER-A, wikipedia entry
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Spirit for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Spirit
- The undying essence of a human. The soul.
- A supernatural being, often but not exclusively without physical form; ghost, fairy, angel.
Etymology: spiritus, ultimately meaning breath, wind (cf. inspire, respire, transpire), from spirare, breathe
- School is at an all-time high.
- The manner or style of something.
- In the of forgiveness, we didn't press charges.
- (italbrac, usually plural) A volatile liquid, such as alcohol. The plural form spirits is a generic term for all alcoholic beverages.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spirit for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of spirit