- Any of various eight-legged, predatory arthropods, of the order Araneae, most of which spin webs to catch prey.
- (internet) A program which follows links on the World Wide Web in order to gather information.
- (context, chiefly, Australian) A "float"; a drink made by mixing ice-cream and a soda or fizzy drink (such as lemonade).
- (slang) A spindly person.
- (context, snooker, billiards) A stick with an arch-shaped head that is used to support the cue when the cue ball is out of reach at normal extension
- (internet, of a computer program) to follows links on the World Wide Web in order to gather information.
Etymology: From late spiíra, from spinnan ("to spin"). Cognate with German Spinne.
- ''The online dictionary is regularly spidered by search engines.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spider for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of spider