- A knot or complication of hair, thread, or the like, difficult to disentangle; entanglement; hence, intricate complication; embarrassing difficulty.
- The act of snarling; a growl; a surly or peevish expression; an angry contention.
- To form raised work upon the outer surface of (thin metal ware) by the repercussion of a snarling iron upon the inner surface.
- To entangle; to complicate; to involve in knots; as, to snarl a skein of thread.
- To embarrass; to insnare.
- To growl, as an angry or surly dog; to gnarl; to utter grumbling sounds.
- To speak crossly; to talk in rude, surly terms.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for snarl for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of snarl